Friday, January 29, 2010

Keep on Keepin on

Today Matt stayed home from work. Which is awesome but I have found myself not wanting to do my writing today. I want to but I keep finding excuses to hang out with him. He is watching some mechanical show right now so that helps me want to write more.
I think part of what is going on is that my writing this story is coming to an end. I am almost done with the first draft. I will miss thinking about my characters and hearing their words flow from my brain. I know that sounds crazy. I have always hated goodbyes and I am trying to get over the mental block of this good bye.
I feel like a mental person having such an attachment to fictitious people, any editor I am sure will tear my story apart but I guess that's life. Good thing Matt understands when I talk to him about guess what "Lizzie did today?" I am so lucky so have such a supportive husband.

2 comments:

utahfamily said...

Honey,
Thanks for telling me about your blog. I love it. It is so good to keep in touch when we are so far away.
All my love,
Mom

Heidi said...

Jen,
I think that is awesome that you are writing. I think as a mom it is easy to forget to make time to do the things you love. Way to go! And I say, if you love the story chances are someone else will too. Get that thing published!
Heidi Rosenbaum Cook